Ask Parents First is a group of parents who aim to provide information and support for parents who want to be consulted about the future of their schools.
- We believe that parents’ voices need to be heard loud and clear when the future of their children’s school is being looked at.
- So if a school is to be changed into an academy we want parents to be given the chance to look at the pros and cons before any decision is made.
What do we do?
- We support parents who need help to make an informed decision. We welcome contact with any parent group.
- We act as a hub of news and resources promoting open and transparent consultation on the process of academisation.
- We work with parents’ groups and with Birmingham Local Authority to enable you to have the information to make an informed choice.
What can we offer?
- We can offer signposts to guide parents through the consultation process
- We can provide a guide to the risks and the possibilities
- We encourage information exchange with parent action groups
- We are creating and maintaining a Birmingham-wide network
- We are sharing information and resources with like-minded parents around the country